Senior Project Notes Requirements Woodland Hills High School Pages 14-18 Senior Project Handbook Cover Page Every step in the Senior Project process from now on must have a cover page (see page 14) On cover page:
Your name English teachers name Advisers name Assignment Date submitted to English teacher Spaces for English teacher & Adviser to indicate date received and initial
No cover page = work not accepted Download a cover page on Dr. Moschettas website: English or English 12 Advanced Senior Project page Notes from One Source Due Early 2 weeks before the deadline Submit notes from one source to English teacher Also submit a copy of the source (no books!) Due date: Wednesday, October 19 Purpose: To check that students are formatting, paraphrasing, and citing notes correctly
If incorrect, feedback allows students to correct their mistakes Minimum Notes Requirements 6 sources (includes source turned in early) Three different kinds At least one must be your firsthand source Minimum 15-20 facts per source Rubric Wording: Note-taking from this source is thorough
Due Date: November 2, 2011 What to Research Background on the topic How the controversy developed, history, etc. Maximum 25% of notes on background Arguments/support for one side of the issue Arguments/support for the other side of the issue Approximately 75% of notes should be on the arguments Close to evenly split between the 2 sides more on your side
Format for Notes See page 16 in Senior Project Handbook List of notes Typed/handwritten Different page for each source Source information at top of each page MLA format Page numbers for print sources only Credibility of Sources Refer to page 12 in Handbook
Credibility, accuracy, reasonableness, support Not credible sources = not allowed: Wikipedia Ask.com Yahoo Answers
Blog posts Message boards (except in some firsthand research cases) How Not To Plagiarize Go over pages 31-33 in Handbook What to Turn In: Cover Page For each source: MLA formatted source information AT LEAST 15-20 facts summarized, paraphrased,
or quoted (as few quotes as possible) Printed out copy of the original source, attached to the notes (does not apply to books) Web page printout, magazine/newspaper article, etc. How to Turn In: In your Senior Project Folder Cover Page on top Attach notes, source information, and printed copy of source 6 packets like this On time Penalty for late work (includes absence)
Do not come to class on the due date and ask if you can go print your sources
Statutory calculation of Fund Balance Available should appear in the Financial Analysis section - LGC. New fund balance classifications - MD&A, Exhibits, Combining Statements, Statistical Tables. Possibly new fund structure for reporting purposes. Example: Tax revaluation fund might be consolidated...
PRODUCT DISASSEMBLY . Disassembly of a computer mouse. As you are taking apart the computer mouse I would like you to: Objective - Learner will gain knowledge & understanding of how products are modified to make them more efficient. You...
Inaugurating the Presidency ... points throughout history almost verbatim and remain rhetorically appropriate & significant Nostalgic Recall the past Theatrical/ Performative Employ a noble and dignified linguistic style Rehearsed rather than impromptu Employ explicit appeals for unity Patriotic ...
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE - initiating mechanisms specific to the underlying etiology. a set of progressive mechanisms, involving hyperfiltration and hypertrophy of the remaining viable nephrons, that are a common consequence following long-term reduction of renal mass, irrespective of...